Relocation of an office can seem like an enormous task. The very thought of seeing an office strewn with boxes, employees running around like headless chickens and the fear of unpacking boxes seem to tire us out by 50%.
In this chaos one’s mind is perplexed and it is difficult to decide the next course of action. But this situation can be avoided, say packers and movers in Bangalore with a little bit of preplanning. Let us discuss the top 10 tips, given by packers and movers in Bangalore that can make your office relocation a little less hectic.
Photo credit Flickr
1.Two is Company: Divide the employees into two teams, one team should be responsible for supervising the packers in the old office and the second team should be responsible for supervising the packers in the new office. List down the various kinds of tasks needed to be performed and assign teams for those tasks. Brief the employees about the relocation and explain them their duties.
2. Get to know the new office: Packers and movers in Bangalore advice that at least a week before the shifting date visit the new office and familiarise yourself with the place, chalk out the layout of the office and finalize the floor plan with your designated team. Convey the same to your employees; remember communication is always the key.
3. Physical Inventory: There are a lot of high valued items in an office, carefully take an inventory of all the items in the office with your team. Note the damages and declare those items to the packers and movers and remember to insure them.
4. Discard: Packers and movers in Bangalore advise making a list of all the unnecessary paperwork and items that are no longer required and start discarding those two weeks prior to the move.
5. Absent Employees: Make a list of the employees who will not be present during the shifting and assign individuals to pack their belongings.
6. Label the Box: Once the boxes are packed do not forget to label them. Colour code the boxes as per the departments and share a list of the same with your team.
7. Electronics: Make sure to label and pack the computer peripherals (for e.g. mouse, computer jack) with each computer to avoid misplacement of the same. Remember to take a back up of all the files and store them securely offsite.
8. IT Equipments: IT equipments are valuable, so meet up with the IT team to discuss regarding the special equipment required for moving. Although it is advisable to hire IT Relocation Company to ensure a glitch free set up in the new office.
9. Final Walkthrough: Once all the items are packed and taken from the old office , take a final and thorough walk through the office to ensure that all the items have been taken and list down the damages done if any before leaving.
10. New Office: Before the packers arrive list down the damages already present in the new office. Install floor protection at the new office and once all the items are unpacked take an inventory of the goods damaged in transit to claim the same later.
Packers and movers in Bangalore advice that just a little bit of planning can take us a long way. We hope that with these tips we are able to assist you in an effortless relocation. Remember to read the terms and conditions in their documents and convey everything with the packers in writing.