Relocation ensues packing all your beloved items with utmost care to ensure that they end up in one perfect piece at your new address. Since all these cherished pieces have some or the other memories attached to them, we pack it with utmost love and care. But sometimes in spite of being so careful, they tend to break in transit. To avoid such mishaps we have brought together these tips which will ensure that your favourite glass set and that Photo frame gifted by your best friend doesn’t even get a scratch when in transit.
1. For all those exquisite crockeries, line up the boxes with bubble wraps and newspapers or foam fillers.
2. Be patient when packing the fragile items, do not pile them up and wrap it with a single sheet of paper.Each piece needs to be wrapped with paper and then put in the boxes.
3. When putting them in the boxes, always ensure that the heaviest item is stored at the bottom and then go ahead with the lighter items as you fill the box.
4. Fill the empty spaces in the boxes with either newspaper or foam pellets.
5. Cross the photo frames with a tape and protect the corners with Foam corner protectors.
6. When packers and movers are employed, ensure they do not mishandle any of your products and label the boxes Fragile Handle With Care.
7. Put a foam plate in between two plates, because this acts as a cushion for your favourite plates from your wedding dinner set.
8. If you are not getting your fragile items packed by the packers and movers, then start packing the fragile items at least a week in advance.
9. When packing Lamp Shades, box it down and put it flat side up in the box and make sure you do not put anything heavy on it because this might cause damage to your Lamp shade.
10. All the delicate and expensive items should be packed separately and put in individual boxes before storing them in the cartons.
11. After wrapping the glassware’s and crockeries with newspaper put a cello-tape around it so that the packing stays.
12. Before you seal the carton, add a final layer of packing material for e.g. bubble wrap, newspaper, foam pellets etc. so that it acts as a cushion.
These pointers will definitely come in handy when you shift your entire household, and even if you employ packers and movers for the same, you can always ensure that they follow these tips and give you a stress free relocation.