You may be a first time mover or may have had experience in the past, but relocating is always a tough task to carry out! Here are the top twenty tips by Packers and Movers in Mumbai on how to pack for a move which might make this transition a little easier for you.
Your date of moving should be confirmed as this gives you the exact estimate of how much time you have left to get ready for your transit.
Photo Credit Flickr
Notify all the people who would be affected by your move.
Packers and Movers in Mumbai advice that you should make sure that your address is changed in places like the post office so that your mails can be forwarded to the right address. All the bill payments and notifications from the bank should be directed to the correct address as well.
You must only take those things that you have a requirement for as accumulating and moving junk will only add onto your problems while shifting.
- Start with the small articles first and then gradually move onto the bigger items which probably need more care while packing.
- Make note of all the precious things that will need your special attention
- Similar goods should be packed together to avoid chaos.
- The home that you lived in should be cleaned and checked and so should your future home so that you know what exactly the shortfalls are, if any.
- Each box should be appropriately named according to the items the carton contains so that confusion can be avoided.
- The cartons with the delicate items should be placed correctly should that the goods inside remain unharmed.
- The weight of the cartons should not exceed more than 20 to 25 kgs should that they can be handled with ease.
- Electrical cords and wires should be fastened together so that they don’t get jumbled.
- While placing the goods in the cartons make sure that the heaviest is at the bottom, and then go in accordance to the weight, from the heaviest to the lightest.
- Try and aim at packing the cartons firmly so that the items don’t move during the process of transportation.
- Make sure that the boxes are numbered so that you can keep a track if either of them goes missing.
- Items made of glass should be packed separately as they are easily breakable hence a great deal of care should be taken while packing those.
- If you have a pet that could be traumatized by a move, arrange to have them stay somewhere during moving day. Be sure to arrange your pet’s safe transport to your new home. This is one advice which Packers and Movers in Mumbai strongly advice, as owners sometimes forget to factor in their pets.
- While using tapes to make labels, be sure to use durable tape, as box labels sometimes, tend to come off during the transit.
- Always remember to ask your packers and movers for the complete details on goods in transit insurance. While many packers and movers provide insurance coverage, it is not that user friendly, so make sure you choose the best insurance policy as well!
- As you finish with each carton, list the contents on the side of the carton for easy viewing while cartons are stacked and in a notebook as well.
All of this might sound like a long process to go through, but with EZMove by your side this entire procedure will be carried out with immense ease. Packers and Movers in Mumbai advice that you should connect with EZMove today and let them share the responsibility of your relocation and make it a success. Your presence in the entire process will be kept to minimum but with assured guarantee that the transition will be safe and sound! For hassle free relocation reach out to us at EZMove.in.