Experienced Packers and Movers will always tell you that labeling boxes is an extremely important part of the relocation process. When you have labeled your packing boxes correctly, it makes it easier for packers and movers when moving them to different rooms. Right labeling can help you as well as the packers and movers involved to ease up the task of packing as well as unpackingthe luggage.
By labeling boxes which have fragile items, you will make the task of the packers and movers easier. They will also know which boxes to treat with extra amount of care. When planning a move, always keep enough amounts of, box labels, tape, and permanent markers handy
Photo Credit Pixbay
So, here we go with our top tips for labeling packing boxes
- When labeling, always label at the top as well as the sides of the packing boxes.
- Preferably write the labels with bold and capital letters making it easier to read. Avoid scribbling and cancellations.
- Remember to label the packing boxes according to which room they belong to. This makes it easier for the packers and movers to know in which room to place the boxes post unloading at the new house.
- Always, always, always, number your moving boxes. While this also helps you in keeping track of how many packing boxes you have, it also helps you in organizing.
- Keep a list wherein you jot down all the items placed inside of each numbered packing box. This helps you to know which box to unpack, without unpacking all of them!
- Labeling boxes with tags of ‘Fragile’ or ‘Handle with Care” are preferred for delicate items. Also try using another color so that it stands out, making it difficult to miss out on.
- Remember to mark the right side up on the boxes, to avoid it being placed on the wrong side during transit.
- In case you are planning to keep stuff to take with you on your journey, be sure to carefully label that box label as ‘Do not move’ so as to not confuse the packers and movers.
- In case you have a preference to load some boxes at the last minute, label the box clearly as ‘Move Last’ so that the packers and movers understand.
- While using tapes to make labels, be sure to use durable tape, as box labels sometimes, tend to come off during the transit.
Photo Credit Pixbay
Labeling can really help to clear up a lot of confusion, make moving easier for you as well as your packers and movers! Looking to move house? Make it an EzMove by logging onto EzMove.in